Twenty Year Club
The “Twenty Year Club” is a nationwide honorary member organization for experienced nursing assistants who provide direct care in nursing homes, homes, hospices, or other long-term care services.
- To recognize and validate the nursing assistants who provide consistency and predictability to the people in their care.
- To identify and address career growth, training needs and other issues relating to experienced nursing assistants.
- To foster community understanding of the role, responsibilities, and value of experienced nursing assistants in long-term care services.
- To provide a peer connection by, for and with, career nursing assistants across the country.
Nursing assistants, resident care assistants, attendants, home care aides or other direct care workers who have completed 20 or more years of service in long term care services. Service years do not need to be consecutive and can be from several different long-term care facilities or settings.
Becoming a member of a professional organization is an important part of your career growth:
- Receive Certificate of Membership.
- Name displayed at the National Forum for Nursing Assistants in Washington D.C.
- Eligible to receive service awards.
- Opportunities for Corporate Involvement.
- Develop individual Career Growth Portfolio. ©
- Select Career Task for the next year.
- Encourage facilities to request media coverage.
- Foster community understanding through programs of involvement.
- Plan individual or group projects and activities in your own area.
National “Most Service Years” and “Honorary Member Award” are presented annually in October. Previous recipients of the award are honored at this event, but are not eligible to compete a second time.
- 2005 – 2008 -3,000 NAs – States Initiatives
- 2001 – 2,500 NAs, 465 facilities, 47 states, 38,000 years of service
- 2000 –1,600 NAs, 345 facilities, 39 states, 35,000 + years of service
- 1999 –1,300 NAs, 225 facilities, 43 states, 26,000 + years of service
- 1998 –1,005 NAs, 204 facilities, 35 states, 24,876 years of service
- 1997 –920 NAs, 207 facilities, 36 states, 21,945 years of service
- 1996 –700+ NAs, 141 facilities, 34 states, 15,000+ years of service
- 1995 –223 NAs, 65 facilities, 23 states, 4,600 years of service
- 1977-1993 – Ten Year Club – 2,000 + members
MEETINGS IN YOUR AREA
For info about conducting a meeting in your area contact:
- Twenty Year Club National
Network of Career Nursing Assistants
3577 Easton Road, Norton, Ohio 44203-5661
(330) 825 9342
(330) 825 9378 – fax